Thursday, February 21, 2008

L's Words of Wisdom for a "Happy, Healthy, Successful 2008"

Just some of my own personal thoughts and some words of wisdom I would like to share with everyone. I am a very easy going type of person, and try to live life to the fullest. My goal is to have a "Happy, Healthy, Successful" relationship with someone special. Oh, and I want to have some fun along the way! I am happy most of the time until someone tries to pull me down, disrespect me, or hurt me. Even then, I do my best to stay strong, keep my head up, pull myself back together, and strive to still be happy again. Life is full of disappointment, and hardships, you name it. For all the young people in the world, I hope some of this will help you, even just a little throughout your long journey of life. The world is a very different place today compared to 20-50 years ago. Everything and everyone is so much more advanced, and competitive in nature. So, I’m not going to lecture you about staying away from drugs, and /or alcohol. I’m not even going to lecture you about staying in school and getting a good education. I believe that your destiny will prevail, and you have to be able to make good decisions along the way to keep yourself on the right path. That’s all up to you. I think these three things will sum up the small fragment of wisdom that I am trying to communicate with you today.

1) Don't ever let anyone tell you "it can't be done".
2) You are what you think you are, and you can achieve anything you want in life if you just believe in yourself and "go for it".
3) Don't expect and you won't be disappointed

I hope everyone can take a little piece of wisdom from someone who has been through disappointing situations, or failures, and not make the same mistakes they did. So many times people have told me “NO” you can’t do that. Well, guess what? Most of the time, I can find a way around it, and get things done. I believe where there is will, there is a way. Definitely, you MUST believe in yourself and have some faith in order to have things go your way. I try not to expect, so that I am not disappointed. In that sense, I feel that the things that do come my way are then an added bonus to my life. When it comes to interviewing for any job, just remember…the worst they can do is so no. So, what! Get up the next day and try again. Remember that old phrase if at first you don’t succeed, then try, try, try again. You have to have some faith in yourself. If you can, surround yourself with a diverse group of happy positive people, who have an open mind, and bring something unique to the table. In the end, it’s all up to you - how your life turns out. Life is what YOU make it. Laughing, loving, and exercising are some big hitters too. Laughing alone can cure everything. It tends to make you forget what you were upset about in the first place. Loving with no regrets, well, I have been there, and almost married twice already, and no regrets! I loved with all my heart, and things just didn’t work out. C’est la vie (that’s life). Exercise is very important too. Even the shortest of walks can clear your mind of many things.
One more thing before I end this note. For those of you who have trouble sleeping at night because you are trying to remember too many things. Keep a notepad on the side of the bed and the minute something pops into your head, just write it down and go back to sleep. I tried this a few years back, and it’s great. I can sleep; and don’t worry; the list will still be there in the morning. Have a wonderful day and a very happy, healthy successful 2008!
ENJOY,

written by Laura Vanderwill 1/23/08

No comments: