Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Keeping The Faith":

Keeping the Faith was the first movie that Edward Norton directed. He did a GREAT job, in my opinion. I love a good chick flick, a love story, display of innocence, and humor, all combined. This movie seemed to bring it all together and hold it together throughout the entire film. What makes this movie a good fun pick is the cast. Ed Norton plays a priest, and Ben Stiller plays a rabi. Just that statement alone made me laugh and I hadn’t even seen the movie yet. I was thinking hmm…Ben stiller as a rabi, oh and Ed Norton a priest, yeah right! Of course the story goes…..there is a girl (played by Jenna Elfman) that comes between them and almost ruins the bond of friendship they all three share. Jenna is fun, captivating, intelligent, and plays the role of her character very well. Jenna is an old school mate to both guys, and ends up really liking one of them. I don’t want to spoil it for you, so I’ll let you watch the film to see who she decides to “make it” with! All three actors were a ton of fun to watch throughout the entire film. Jenna’s expressions alone gave me the feeling that everything she was doing and thinking was very real. I never realized that she was such a good actress until I saw this film. Benn Stiller is always funny, and has great comic timing. Norton is just plain good as usual. The film is charming, funny, subtle at the harsh points, and the actors appear to really feel the emotions behind what is taking place. There seems to be a good connection between the three main actors that holds tight throughout the entire movie.

No comments: