Sunday, March 2, 2008

Great Questions to Remember!

These were posted on blogit.com by leaderspeaker:

3 Questions to Ask Before Accepting a Big Responsibility
Before I commit to take a certain responsibility, I ask myself these questions:
(1) Can I add value or improve on it? If I can't answer this positively, I feel I have no right accepting any role because I will not be contributing to it. People want a leader who can make things better for them.
(2) Do I have enough resources to get the job done? The number one resource is people, the right people with the right attitude. Getting the right people lightens the load. When I delegate a task to the right person, it will get done properly.
(3) Will it be a priority? When we prioritize something, the minimum is we put time for it. However it is not enough- we must also find time for it. I don't like people who will always use family as an excuse for begging off from their responsibility. Yes, family is important and one should consider it before one accept a responsibility. If this will get in the way, then the responsibility should not be accepted in the first place-- rather than making it an excuse for non-fulfillment.

No comments: