Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - What fun it is...

At first I thought, oh no, this might be a really boring film, or one of those that is only for the kids...but just as I said it, things started making me laugh a little. Then I saw the bond between Dustin Hoffman and the girl who ran his toy store, and then add the unique little boy who nobody wanted to play with, because he was different. All of a sudden there are some great messages. You now have a boy who's mother just wishes for her son to make some friends. There is a 200+ year old man (Dustin Hoffman) who wishes well for his employee and friend, and so on. The toy store is simply MAGICAL, and the people are wonderful and fun.

The two most important messages I took away from this film are:
1) What you need to believe in is "YOU"
2) Your life is an occasion, rise to it! (I love this one)

It's a good viewing for all ages. In some ways it reminded me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but on a different level. This one is about a toy story instead of a candy factory.
ENJOY!

No comments: